Courses / Departmental project 3 for English course studentsCourse data
|Course requirements:||Global examination in design, Departmental project 1|
|Final requirements:||Participation in 70% of the lessons is set as a condition. Only the active practice counts for presence.|
|Time:||8 hours practice|
|Coursemaster:||Bartók István DLA|
|Instructors:||Bartók István DLA|
|Description:||Departmental Project 3 – Biatorbágy|
The project site for Departmental Project 3 of the autumn semester 2017 is Biatorbágy, or rather Bia + Torbágy. The town was unified in 1966, however, the previous villages centres are still existing next to each other. The once independent villages have gone different ways; Torbágy has suffered more from bigger infrastructural developments, while Bia was less altered, could rather keep its original character. This duality is also reflected in the design sites. The project consists of designing different moderately complex eco- and energy-conscious public buildings. The terrain conditions, inclination of the plots are different. The programs are different, rating from a colony of artists to an office building. To analyse the existing complex surrounding, to understand the relationships is the most important challenge of the semester work. The size of the buildings is about 800 m2. The semester starts with the presentation of the programs and a site visit.
Concept design (projected presentation):
- layout 1:1000 (the mill plot a common layout may be prepared in team-work of 2-3 students)
- presentation, documentation of one building of similar character as example (3-4 A4 pages)
- elaboration of the design program, presentation of function
- scale-model, presentation of the basic design ideas (master plan, scheme function min. 1:500)
Preliminary design I. (projected presentation):
This planning phase is focusing on the development of the architectural form, of the relation between space and mass, of the relation with the surrounding, and of the interior functional system.
- site plan M=1:500, 1000
- plans of the different levels, sections, elevations M=1:200
- perspective views, sketches, scale-model with surroundings
Preliminary design II.:
The same as Preliminary design I., but only in case of unsuccessful presentation, or upon request.
Final project (projected presentation + A2 form documentation):
At the end of the semester detailed 1:100 documentation has to be prepared.
(simplified „program design”):
- site plan at a scale of M=1:200, 500 with surroundings (buildings, garden, streets, walking ways, entrances, delivery entrances, flooring)
- plans of all different levels with the name of the rooms marked 1:100 (1:200)
- at least 2 different sections showing the structural solutions, dimensions 1:100 (1:200)
- all facades with the used materials and 1:100 (1:200)
- perspective view with the surrounding, street view, photomontage
- technical description (main ideas, functional system, used materials) cca. 1 A4 page
- Model min. scale M= 1:333 (paper, wood, plexi)
All drawings can be traditional hand- or CAD drawings or any other optional official scaled printed technique. Size: A2 form. The clear and correct technical presentation is important. A stable cover due to the plans dimensions with index is necessary. Models have to be submitted in boxes. The name and e-mail address of the author and the title of the project have to be marked on each plan, cover, model and box.
|1 parking requirement.pdf (286 kB)||parking requirement|
|2 lavatory requirement.pdf (40 kB)||lavatory requirement|
|BIA_1_mill.zip (18674 kB)|
|TORBAGY_1_station.zip (7669 kB)|
|regulation.zip (30146 kB)|
|aerial views.zip (20204 kB)|
|BIA+TORBÁGY_perspective.pln (25730 kB)|
|BIA+TORBÁGY_plots.pln (27628 kB)|
|BIA+TORBÁGY_perspective.dwg (2623 kB)|
|BIA+TORBÁGY_plots.dwg (3466 kB)|
|dp3_course_description_2017.pdf (102 kB)||course description and requirements|
|dp3_students_2017_18.pdf (74 kB)||The division of groups/students to the consultants.|
the final results. (The preliminary presentation counts as 35%, the final submission as 65% in the weighted average.)
the results of the additional preliminary design presentation.
the results of the preliminary design presentation.
Due to the schedule the additional presentation of preliminary design is on Thursday, 2nd November 10:15 am!
as we agreed today we postpone the 1st mid-term presentation of concept design onto Monday 2nd October 10.15 am.
The official submission dates of Departmental Design 3 have changed:
submission: 12th December 2016. Monday 12:00, late submission: 16th December 2016. Friday 12:00!