Courses / Departmental project 3 for English course studentsCourse data
|Course requirements:||Global examination in design, Departmental project 1|
|Final requirements:||Participation in 70% of the lessons is set as a condition. Only the active practice counts for presence.|
|Time:||8 hours practice|
|Coursemaster:||Bartók István DLA|
|Instructors:||Bartók István DLA|
|Description:||Departmental Project 3 – Budapest 8. – Co-housing|
The project site for the Departmental Project 3 of the autumn semester of 2018 is the 8th district of Budapest. We are researching possibilities of multifunctional, or hybrid buildings. The task is to design moderately complex eco- and energy-conscious co-housing buildings completed with community, commercial, sport or office units for the given sites. Each function is different due to the design programs designed by students. To understand the existing complex situation, to analyse the urban context are the most important part of this semester work. The overall net area of the buildings to be designed is about 800 m2. The semester starts with the presentation of the programs and a site visit.
Concept design (projected presentation):
- layout 1:1000 (a common layout may be prepared in team-work of 2 students)
- presentation, documentation of one building of similar character as example (3-4 A4 pages)
- elaboration of the design program, presentation of function
- scale-model, presentation of the basic design ideas (master plan, scheme function min. 1:500)
Preliminary design I. (projected presentation):
This design phase is focusing on the development of the architectural form, of the relation between space and mass, of the relation with the surrounding, and of the interior functional system.
- site plan M=1:500, 1000
- plans of the different levels, sections, elevations M=1:200
- perspective views, sketches, scale-model with surroundings
Preliminary design II.:
The same as Preliminary design I., but only in case of unsuccessful presentation, or upon request.
Final project (projected presentation + A3 form documentation):
At the end of the semester detailed 1:100 documentation has to be prepared.
(simplified „program design”):
- site plan at a scale of M=1:200, 500 with surroundings (buildings, garden, streets, walking ways, entrances, delivery entrances, flooring)
- plans of all different levels with the name of the rooms marked 1:100 (1:200)
- at least 2 different sections showing the structural solutions, dimensions 1:100 (1:200)
- all facades with the used materials and 1:100 (1:200)
- perspective view with the surrounding, street view, photomontage
- technical description (main ideas, functional system, used materials) cca. 1 A4 page
- Model min. scale M= 1:333 (paper, wood, plexi)
All drawings can be traditional hand- or CAD drawings or any other optional official scaled printed technique.
|1 parking requirement.pdf (286 kB)||parking requirement|
|2 lavatory requirement.pdf (40 kB)||lavatory requirement|
|dp3_course_description_2018.pdf (72 kB)||course description and requirements|
|dp3_eng_timetable_2018_2019_autumn.pdf (82 kB)|
|dp3_2018_intro_lecture.pdf (2537 kB)|
|Dp3_18_regulation.zip (23082 kB)|
|Dp3_18_photos.zip (20331 kB)|
|Dp3_18_Nap8.zip (13220 kB)|
|Dp3_18_tolnai38.zip (13418 kB)|
|Dp3_18_Vhunyad9.zip (13377 kB)|
|Dp3_18_Vhunyad26.zip (13186 kB)|
|Dp3_18_Vhunyad27.zip (13152 kB)|
|dp3_hun_eng_site regulation.pdf (408 kB)|
|dp3_hun_eng_neighborhood.pdf (481 kB)|
|number of parking spaces.pdf (210 kB)|
|L1-VIII-1.jpg (60 kB)|
|L1-VIII-2.jpg (69 kB)|
|VK-VIII-1.jpg (90 kB)|
the final results. (The preliminary presentation counts as 35%, the final submission as 65% in the weighted average.)
the results of the additional preliminary design presentation.
the results of the preliminary design presentation.
Due to the schedule the additional presentation of preliminary design is on Thursday, 2nd November 10:15 am!
as we agreed today we postpone the 1st mid-term presentation of concept design onto Monday 2nd October 10.15 am.